Are you stuck in a rut that you just can’t get out of?
Maybe you are stuck in a work rut, maybe you’re in a food rut, maybe it’s a relationship rut, whatever it is, know that you are not alone. Like a needle stuck in the same groove of a record, we all get stuck in our lives from time to time. The question is: ‘are you thriving in the grooves that you keep spinning in or not? Are they serving your highest potential or not?’
Getting out of a rut requires self enquiry and honesty
I have been stuck in a money rut for years. This became crystal clear to me earlier this year when a good friend reached out and offered me some work. I used to work for her at the markets and I have seen her business grow organically over a period of 20 years. What I observed this time was how her attitude as well as her cash flow was completely different to what I had known it to be in the past and then BAM – the realisation that mine hadn’t changed a cent, landed with a thud!
I got home that day and sat in my garden to reflect on this bombshell. The short story is I realised I needed to get out of my well worn groove of lack and jump into self-responsibility because it was no-one else’s responsibility to save me from my out-dated money stories.
So what did I do to get off my rut wheel?
- I made the decision to do something different.
- I observed the state of the world as it is right now. I saw how unpredictable things had become and how fast life was moving and changing.
- I decided that flexibility is the key at this point in time, being able to. Move in any direction at the drop of a hat, so I brainstormed ways I could learn to be as flexible as possible in order to give money a variety of ways it could flow into my life.
As a result of opening up to this new groove, I am excited to say that money has started flowing into my life! I am learning to get comfortable in uncertainty and choosing to see this new way of being as an exciting new adventure, because my perspective is the game changer.
How to recognise if you are in a rut about something or someone:
- You dislike, even detest ……. (fill in the blank)……..
- You hear yourself or others tell you how much you complain about …………
- You find excuses or avoid doing/being with ………………..
- You are knowingly or unknowingly keeping yourself in the rut because you are too scared to live up to your potential
Good support is highly recommended!
The last thing I suggest is to connect with other women who are committed to taking an honest look at themselves. You’ll find a whole bunch of us in the Women’s Village where we hold space for each other to step into our ‘highest’ groove and be celebrated for the unique music we bring to the world. Come join our symphony sister, we’d love to have you!
Virtual Women’s Village Service Provider, Wardrobe Coach and Art Therapist
You deserve to be nurtured the way you nurture others
The members of our Virtual Women’s Village know what it’s like to be apart of a truly safe, loving and nurturing sisterhood.
Every day, women are re-claiming their lives piece by piece to remember who they really are, before they got crazy busy and lost in the never ending ‘to-do’ lists and demands of ‘life’.
What are you yearning for? What’s that something ‘more’ that’s nagging deep inside you?
We all have access to this knowing, but often we need a little support to find it. Reach out, take our hand and let’s find out together.
We will manifest $5M by 2025 to create a community hub for women, because we deserve to feel supported, connected and inspired anytime we need it.